We’ve talked about the perceived “walls” that people run into while following the Ketogenic diet. If you don’t try earnestly to stay creative and enthusiastic, you can end up eating the same foods over and over again – which loses attractiveness quickly. So how do you avoid this state of “diet boredom” while maintaining your fat burning lifestyle? You develop easy low carb recipes for your Ketogenic diet menu!
Yes, you heard that right. There are in fact easy low carb recipes that don’t take a culinary degree to make. And the best part? They’re freaking delicious! But plans take structure, and structure is derived from knowing what your average day looks like. Trying to create recipes that won’t fit with your day-to-day schedule will lose steam fast. Some of you reading this might have time to create Ketogenic diet masterpieces, while some of you might have to eat it on the train to work. This wide variation of lifestyles means that you have to know what you’re capable of.
So to ensure that too much isn’t being thrown at you at once, we’re going to give you two easy low carb recipes for each meal of the day. Then from there, you can get more creative if you so please.
Let’s get started!
Breakfast is a pivotal meal for staying in ketosis. You’ve been asleep, which is an automatic fast so your body is most likely in ketosis already, especially if you were eating low carb the day before. This is a prime opportunity to load up on some more fat for fuel for the day. But breakfast can also be a chaotic time of day for you as you try to find Easy low carb recipes for your Ketogenic diet menu. Kids, pets, or forgetting to do laundry the day before are all things that can make the early hours of the day a race against the clock.
So with our two easy low carb recipes for your Ketogenic diet menu breakfast, we’re going to give you one that takes less preparation, and one that’s a bit more intricate.
Recipe 1. Quick Breakfast
A side note***
If you’re REALLY in a hurry, we suggest going with a Bulletproof Coffee. Caffeine, calories, and FAT and the best part is that you can sip it on your way to work.
Recipe in its simplest form (there are other variations that spice it up):
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of unsalted (preferably organic) butter
- 1 tablespoon of MCT Oil (**If you do not currently own MCT Oil, we would suggest purchasing some. BUT you can substitute coconut oil for the time being. If you do this, you should double the serving (2 tablespoons).
- 1 to 2 cups of black coffee (preferably organic). No fufu sugar bomb coffee. Legit black jet fuel.
Now onto to the quicky recipe:
Piggy Avo Scramble
- Two Eggs
- One Avocado
- 2 Slices of bacon
- Fry slices of bacon in frying pan and remove
- Scramble two eggs in bowl and pour into pan with bacon grease
- While eggs cook, chop bacon and avocado into small pieces
- Once eggs are near completion, add bacon and avocado to mix and finish.
Recipe 2. Keto Omelet
- One serving ground pork sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ chopped avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Toppings (optional): 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 teaspoon Tabasco hot sauce
- Cook sausage until done. Once done, remove from pan.
- Place Olive Oil in pan
- Scramble eggs in bowl and add to pan after removing sausage
- Once bottom of eggs have started to solidify, add sausage, cheese, and vegetables to one half of the eggs. (Remember, you’re going to fold this over!)
- Once eggs are cooked enough, fold empty side of eggs over on top of side with fillings (like a taco).
- Let the folded egg cook on lowered heat until inside of omelet is completely cooked. Be sure to not burn the outsides of the omelet!
- Once cooked thoroughly, remove omelet, top with sour cream and hot sauce and enjoy!
By this time of the day, the hunger is setting in. You need to nail this meal to have the energy to make it through the rest of the day, plus an afternoon workout (if you exercise after work). Easy low carb recipes for your Ketogenic diet menu will keep you from wondering off to the vending machine during the dreaded two o’clock drag that inevitably happens.
We also realize that you have coworkers, and that they sometimes pressure you into going out to lunch. We’re going to prepare you for that too!
Recipe 1. Keto Cowboy Burgers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 pound 70%/30% ground beef
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced jalapeños
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- Primal Kitchen Chipotle Mayo
***This recipe is to be prepared before you go to work! Prep to go!
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to cast iron skillet (or frying pan) and bring to medium heat
- In medium mixing bowl, add hamburger and season salt. Break egg into hamburger and mix thoroughly
- Sculpt hamburger mix into two large patties and place into pan.
- Fry on both sides, keeping mind to turn the burgers often to avoid overdoing one side.
- Cut slit in center of burger with spatula and press. If fluid from burger us clear, it is done. If it runs red, it still needs to cook longer.
- Before removing patties, place slices of cheese on top of patties and slightly melt them onto burgers.
- While patties are cooking, slice onion and mix them with the jalapeños.
- Once patties are removed, add onion/jalapeño mix to the pan and let them caramelize in the grease.
- In a travel container place patties in first and then top with caramelized vegetables.
- Put mayo into separate container.
- When ready to eat, put dollop of mayo on both patties after reheating.
Recipe 2. Quick Keto Salad
- Meat Options: Chicken or Steak
- If chicken: Place chicken breasts in crockpot and cook on low overnight to shred meat for salad the next day. Ingredients: 4 chicken breasts, 2 cups of stock, and sprinkle dry ranch dressing over the top of the chicken. Shred apart with forks!
- If steak: Season and cook two ribeye steaks on grill to preferred doneness and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 serving ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (preferably cheddar)
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Mix meat with greens in travel container
- Keep oil, dressing, and cheese separate until you’re ready to eat your salad! (If you put the dressing on beforehand, it will cause the greens to wilt and produce a gross texture.)
- Once you’re ready to eat, put tablespoon olive oil, serving of ranch, and cheese atop your salad and enjoy!
You’ll be able to be most creative with your Ketogenic diet menu at dinner time, hopefully. This is the time where you’re chilling out, and able to focus on a large scale meal that will meet your keto needs, while also bringing some adventure to your eating day.
But for the sake of versatility, we’ll be providing you with two different easy low carb recipes; one being more intricate, the other being a crockpot recipe you can throw in at the start of the day, and just throw on a plate when you get home from a busy day.
Recipe 1. Slow Cooker Crockpot Pork with Greens
- One pork roast
- One packet Au Jus seasoning
- One packet of ranch dressing seasoning
- One stick of unsalted butter
- 5 cups collard greens
- Place pork roast in crockpot and spread greens over the roast and throughout the crock.
- Sprinkle Au Jus and Ranch evenly across roast and greens.
- Place stick of butter on top of the roast in the center.
- Cook on medium to low (depending on the crockpot) for 6 to 8 hours.
- All you need to do when you get home is scoop it out onto your plate and enjoy!
Recipe 2. Chicken Zoodle Spaghetti
- One 12.5 oz can of canned chicken
- ¼ block of velveeta cheese cubed into small pieces
- 3 to 4 medium sized zucchini
- One tablespoon of oil
- One can of rotel
- You’ll need to cut the zucchini into zoodles. To do this, we recommend using the WonderVeg Spiralizer. (DO NOT zoodle the portion of the zucchini with seeds!)
- Once you’ve spiralized your zucchini, you’ll need to cook it down for five to ten minutes on medium heat in a frying pan, with one tablespoon of olive oil, adding some water while it cooks to ensure the zoodles retain moisture.
- As your zoodles cook, add the velveeta and begin melting it down.
- Once the cheese is melted down, add the rotel and can chicken.
- Cook for another five minutes to heat mixture completely through.
- Scoop onto plate, and enjoy!
These easy low carb recipes for your Ketogenic diet menu will make life a lot easier, while keeping your diet interesting. There’s no reason why you can’t stay enthusiastic about your meal while also maintaining your principles – you just have to be creative!
Whether you’re a stay at home parent, or someone working 60+ hours a week at an office, you can stick to your Ketogenic diet! It just take knowledge paired with preparation, which gives birth to execution.
If you’d like to learn more ways to adhere to a Ketogenic diet during the busy seasons of life, check out our articles on exogenous ketones, which give you the fuel without the food prep!