- ⅓ cup avocado oil, or olive oil
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 ½ tsp Truvia brown sugar for low carb, or 2 tsp coconut sugar for paleo
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried minced garlic
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp to ½ tsp cayenne pepper (mild or more spicy)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions * optional
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, drumsticks, wings, or breasts (with bone in and skin on)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all marinade ingredients. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add chicken pieces and toss to coat with marinade.
- Cover mixing bowl with chicken and marinade in it, with plastic wrap or foil and place in the fridge to marinate for 2 hrs or longer.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place marinated chicken skin side up in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until chicken is done near bone. Turn oven to broil, and broil chicken to brown skin for 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
Get the Guide
Sign up for exclusive email updates and we'll send you "The Ultimate Ketogenic Diet Starter Guide" (We hate SPAM and will never share your email).