As you scan through the results on Google, you become overwhelmed. You know there are plenty of Keto recipes out there, but you’re new to this, and you want to start with Keto meal plan that’s a little less overwhelming. We’ve been there too. You click the link, and are shown a laundry list of steps that you either don’t have time for, or are just too hungry to cover.
Well friend, you’re in luck, because here at Keys to Ketosis our goal is to make the Ketogenic lifestyle easier to transition to. We want you to succeed, and still enjoy what you eat. The two do not have to be at odds.
Because of this, we have compiled 5 “beginner” Keto recipes to add to your first Keto meal plan. We believe these recipes will get you started down the path to taking on more ambitious culinary projects. These Keto recipes will help you develop your own ideas, and most importantly, make sure you don’t go hungry!
The weather has finally turned cold, and it’s time to enjoy a piping hot bowl of chili. There’s only one problem: beans are super carby, and although they’re a good source of protein, they just can’t be reconciled with a true Keto recipe.
But who wants to stop eating chili?! Nobody! Because of this, we’ve developed a recipe for you that will allow you to still cozy up to a soul warming bowl of tasty chili while at the same time remaining in Ketosis. Here’s how!
1 Pound of Ground Beef
1 Bell Pepper
½ Cup Chopped White Onion
½ Cup Jalapeno Peppers
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1 Tablespoon Cream Cheese
1 Can of Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes
1 Can of Hunt’s Tomato Sauce
- Brown Hamburger
- Add Salt and Black pepper on browned hamburger
- Add Bell Pepper and White Onion cook 5 Minutes
- Add cans of Diced Tomatoes and Tomato Sauce
- Add chili powder, cumin, red/black pepper and bring to boil
- Once at boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 Minutes
- Add Jalapeños last, and cream cheese to thicken.
- Dish up!
Keto Double Down
KFC. I’m certain you’ve heard of it – maybe even tried this deliciously greasy American fast food staple? Juicy, crunchy, and all of the other adjectives that describe this gift from the poultry gods.
There’s one menu item that strikes us as particularly savory, and that’s the Double Down. Unfortunately, the combination of the breading and the Colonel’s “secret sauce” (ew) make it quite the widowmaker.
But before you lament the loss of the Double Down, we urge you to wipe your tears reader, because we’ve made a Keto meal plan version of this behemoth “sandwich.”
2 Skinless Chicken Tenderloins 1 Tablespoon Butter
2 Pieces of Bacon 1 Slice American Cheese
- Drop tablespoon of butter into frying pan and heat to melt butter.
- Place both tenderloins in frying pan and cook until outsides begin to turn white (¾ done).
- Place bacon in pan with tenderloins and cook until both the tenderloins and bacon are done.
- Place slice of cheese on 1 of the tenderloins while still in pan.
- Put pieces of bacon on tenderloin and place cheese and bacon on the bottom “bun” tenderloin.
- Place other tenderloin on top and serve!
- Pro Tip: It gets messy, so you might want to use a fork!
Keto Breakfast Sundae
A sundae? As in a Dairy Queen sundae? No. Better.
This sundae will add a shot of fat to your Keto meal plan. Avocados are a secret weapon for fat, and they pair well with eggs and bacon. The combination of these ingredients what we have deemed the Keto Breakfast Sundae!
This recipe might be the easiest in this entire article. Lazy cooks, unite!
2 Pieces of Bacon
1 Cup of Cheese
1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce (optional)
- Chop Avocado in half and set aside.
- Fry both pieces of bacon.
- Place the eggs into the same pan you fried the bacon in, utilizing the grease.
- Fry eggs on both sides, or “Over Easy.”
- When eggs are nearly done, top them with the cheese.
- Place eggs on top of chopped avocados and bacon on top of eggs.
- Enjoy! (And maybe open up your own breakfast diner?)
Rocky Keto Pancakes
Since you’ve started the Ketogenic Diet, have you struggled with cravings for forbidden foods? Like pancakes?
Well pay attention, because we’ve found a way for you to stay on the Ketogenic diet, while also enjoying some amazing pancakes. These Rocky Keto Pancakes will give you a shot of fat, with a nominal amount of carbs.
If there’s one thing that these Rocky Keto Pancakes will show you, it’s that Keto Recipes ARE fun to eat! As we’ve stated before, the Keto meal plans do not have to be boring or bland. Read on, and see how almonds, macadamias, and yogurt come together to create an amazing breakfast, or dessert!
1 Cup Almond Flour
¼ Cup Water
1 Teaspoon Stevia
Pinch of Salt
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Cup Macadamia Nuts
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Full-Fat Greek Yogurt
- Mix: Flour, eggs, and water together to create a batter.
- Add Stevia and salt to batter.
- Oil frying pan with Olive Oil and bring to medium heat.
- Use a ¼ measuring cup to pour batter into the pan. (should make moderate-sized) pancakes.
- Place finished pancakes on plate.
- Butter pancakes
- Smear Greek Yogurt on top of pancakes
- Sprinkle Macadamia Nuts over pancakes.
- Sprinkle on Cinnamon
- Get your Lumberjack on!
Keto Enchilada Plates
Enchiladas, Tacos, and Burritos. All of these delicious recipes can often bring large amounts of carbs with them, but where there’s an appetite, there’s a way – or something like that.
Any recipe can be molded to fit a Keto meal plan, including Enchiladas! Read on to get a quick and easy Keto Enchilada recipe that will have you double checking if you used real rice!
1 Pound Ground Beef
1 Head Cauliflower
1 Cup Shredded Scallions
1 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
1 Packet McCormick Enchilada Mix
1 Bag of Pork Rinds
2 Tablespoons Light Sour Cream
1 Bottle Valentina Hot Sauce
- Prepare Cauliflower
- Chop whole head of Cauliflower into four quarters
- Cut out the core of the cauliflower and then break up the florets into large chunks
- Put the chunks of florets into a food processor and process until cauliflower is into rice sized bites.
- Set “rice” aside for later use in the recipe!
- Brown hamburger
- Once hamburger is browned, mix in cauliflower “rice” and scallions
- Add prepared McCormick Enchilada mix in and bring to boil in pan
- Once at boil, lower heat and place contents into oven pan
- While adding to oven pan, layer the enchilada mix with cheese (every other) and place in the oven (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for ten minutes.
- Once out of the oven, take a slice out and cover with (light)sour cream, hot sauce, and pork rinds and enjoy!
People accuse the Ketogenic Diet of being tasteless, or bland. They’ll tell you that you should just buy some expensive weight loss pills, or just exercise more. But now that you have these extremely user-friendly Beginner’s Keto Recipes for your Keto meal plan, you can smile as you dig into another delicious dish.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner can all be incredible, without sacrificing Ketosis. You can still have an exciting eating-life, while being vigilant about what you eat, and how much you of it you eat.
We hope that these Keto recipes add some zest to your Keto meal plan, and look forward to providing you with more! Please let us know how they turned out, and what you would change.
Keep on Keto-ing (made that up) in the free world!
About the Author Nate Arnold
I started this website because it was hard to find trustworthy, evidence-based information about the ketogenic diet. Information that was published and peer reviewed by respected scientific journals. After years of research, I'm sure you'll achieve great results in a healthy way following my advice. I do my best to translate scientific research jargon into plain English. Remember, it's always a good idea to consult a doctor before starting a new diet!